Meet Dr. Calobrace
M. Bradley Calobrace, M.D., FACS is a board-certified, Los Angeles-trained plastic surgeon who has been in private practice since 1997. Dr. Calobrace established Calobrace & Mizuguchi Plastic Surgery Center in an effort to bring the latest technology and techniques in plastic surgery to the area. He is highly regarded as an authority in cosmetic surgery and non-surgical procedures by both patients and other plastic surgeons, both in Louisville and Lexington, KY, and throughout the country.
If you are evaluating Kentucky plastic surgeons, request a consultation with Dr. Calobrace using his online form to find out what sets him apart, or call (502) 899-9979 to schedule your visit.
Education & Training
Dr. Calobrace is a graduate of Indiana University School of Medicine and completed residencies in both general surgery and plastic surgery at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. Subsequently, he completed a cosmetic and breast surgery fellowship at the Institute of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery with Dr. G. Patrick Maxwell. View Dr. Calobrace's CV to learn more.
American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Kentucky Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Awards & Distinctions
Respected by both patients and peers, Dr. Calobrace continues to be recognized in the local and national media. Awards and distinctions include:
- Honored for near perfect patient ratings with the Vitals Patients' Choice Award in 2014
- Recognized in Louisville Magazine as one of the area's Top Surgeons in 2014 for breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, abdominoplasty, and facelift
- Named among LEO Weekly's Best Plastic Surgeons of 2013 and 2014
- Featured in TOPS in Lexington's July 2014 issue highlighting some of the top doctors in the region
- Featured in the Winter/Spring 2013 edition of NewBeauty magazine
- Recognized in Louisville Magazine as one of Louisville's Top Docs in 2013 and "Best of Louisville"
- Voted Best of Kentuckiana Plastic Surgeon by viewers of television news station WHAS11
- Earned ExpertInjector™ status in 2013 and 2014
Dr. Calobrace has been a featured "Beauty Expert" in NewBeauty magazine since 2006, and the honor continues for the 8th year in a row. In 2014, he earned the distinction of "Top Beauty Expert."
Educator of Others in the Field
In March 2015, Dr. Calobrace traveled to Australia to speak as a guest professor at the annual Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Workshop. He's pleased and humbled to have opportunities to educate his peers around the world at this and other events. Read an interview with Dr. Calobrace that was published on Plastic Surgery Hub, an Australian plastic surgery resource, shortly after the workshop.
Authority in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Calobrace has a large, diverse cosmetic practice, performing nearly 1,000 major cosmetic procedures each year, including facial surgery, body contouring, breast surgery, hair transplantation, and post-bariatric rejuvenation. He was highly involved in the introduction of ultrasonic-assisted liposuction (UAL) in the United States, lecturing extensively and authoring multiple articles and a chapter on UAL. Dr. Calobrace has accumulated an extensive amount of experience over the last decade, performing approximately 400 breast surgeries each year. Over the years, he has worked with both saline and silicone gel implants and offers all currently available implant types. He has a focused interest in revision breast surgery and augmentation mastopexy (breast augmentation with lift).
Dr. M. Bradley Calobrace and Dr. Nana M. Mizuguchi are both ALPHAEON™ physicians, partnering with the innovative lifestyle healthcare company to offer patients state-of-the-art products and services promoting wellness, beauty, and performance.Learn More
Leader in Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
Dr. Calobrace continues to be a leader in non-surgical cosmetic procedures. In 2007, he established CaloSpa Rejuvenation Center at his Louisville facility to complement his cosmetic surgery practice and onsite surgical center. He went on to open CaloSpa Lexington in 2014 to serve women and men from Lexington, Frankfort, and throughout eastern Kentucky.
Dr. Calobrace is an Allergan consultant and regularly conducts roundtable discussions and training sessions for injectable treatments. He also participated in the original JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel clinical trials and is a member of the National Educational Faculty for BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM, and breast surgery.
Leading the Way in Breast Surgery
Women travel from all over the country to receive breast surgery at our center. Dr. Calobrace has become one of the most recognized authorities on cosmetic breast surgery and newly designed breast implants. Patients seek him out for his experience and expertise in breast enhancement surgery, especially for complex breast revision cases. Dr. Calobrace has published extensively on the subject of breast surgery with four important publications the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal by early 2015. Additionally, he travels around the country as a visiting professor and speaking at many national meetings. His 2014 itinerary included:
- Atlanta Breast Surgery Symposium, performed live surgery, January 2014 (Atlanta, GA)
- Advanced Plastic Surgery Workshop, February 2014 (Melbourne, Australia)
- Miami Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, March 2014 (Miami, FL)
- Broward County Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, March 2014 (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, April 2014 (San Francisco, CA)
- Santa Fe Breast and Body Contour Meeting, August 2014 (Santa Fe, NM)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, October 2014 (Chicago, IL)
- North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, October 2014 (Asheville, NC)
- Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons' Meeting, November 2014 (Chicago, IL)
Calobrace & Mizuguchi Plastic Surgery Center was also proud to host a preceptorship event in September 2014 where plastic surgeons from around the country traveled to Louisville to learn from and observe advanced breast surgery from Dr. Calobrace. Our surgeons are leading the way in providing the best breast care for each and every one of our patients. All breast implants made in the U.S. are available at our center to allow us to customize every breast surgery for each of our patients; we call this "Designer Breast Augmentation." Women choose our doctors for a range of breast procedures, from the most challenging re-do breast surgeries to breast lifts, reductions and augmentations, because our doctors not only read the most recent articles on breast surgery, they actually write them.
Read Dr. Calobrace's patient reviews on RealSelf.com.
Find M. Bradley Calobrace on Google+