For the Body
Most people assume that, by losing a significant amount of weight, they are improving the appearance of their tummy, arms, hips, buttocks, and thighs. However, bariatric weight loss surgery in Louisville, Kentucky is often a first step, requiring subsequent procedures to achieve maximum improvement. This is the case because excess skin and fat deposits can hide weight loss results by distorting the newly-slim body contours. Post-bariatric plastic surgery for the body removes these flaps, folds, lumps and bulges to reveal and refine your new figure.
Are you ready to improve the appearance of your body after massive weight loss? Discover what plastic surgery can do for you. Request a consultation online or call us at (502) 899-9979 .
At Calobrace Plastic Surgery in Kentucky, weight loss patients pursue body contouring procedures to enhance the results of their weight loss.
- Abdominoplasty: Addressing the upper and/or lower abdomen, an abdominoplasty removes excess skin and fat, and also mends weakened or separated abdominal muscles.
- Liposuction: In Louisville, liposuction is a versatile tool for removing fat deposits and sculpting a variety of body areas.
- Medial Thigh Lift: Excess skin and fat deposits on the thighs are very common for post weight loss patients. This can be frustrating as it can make wearing shorts, skirts, or a bathing suit embarrassing. A medial thigh lift slims and firms inner thighs.
- Panniculectomy: Unlike an abdominoplasty, a panniculectomy addresses only the lower abdomen. The procedure removes the pannus â€“ the roll of excess skin and fat below the bellybutton.
- Brachioplasty: While almost everyone sees some droopiness in their upper arms as they age, it can be much more dramatic and problematic for people after massive weight loss. Often referred to as "bat wings," these flaps of excess skin are not easily covered by clothing and thus may be particularly bothersome to patients.
- Body Lift: A body lift provides comprehensive improvement to the entire lower body, from the lower thighs to the bottom of the ribs. It combines several other procedures, including a thigh lift and an abdominoplasty.
- Back Lipectomy: This procedure removes excess skin from the upper or lower back and flanks, usually on both sides.
To achieve optimal improvement, most patients choose to address their entire body, from head to toe. This means that they also pursue, and we also perform, post-bariatric plastic surgery for the breast/chest and for the face.