Giving birth to children, genetics, or just the natural aging process can change vaginal anatomy. These changes are very common, but can sometimes lead to daily and sexual discomfort. Luckily, there are options available for vaginal rejuvenation, such as labiaplasty and now, ThermiVa.
Recently released and FDA approved, ThermiVa has created quite the buzz in the plastic surgery industry, with women experiencing its results after only a few simple, nonsurgical treatments. We are excited to offer this new treatment here at our practice and are sharing 5 benefits of ThermiVa.
- Nonsurgical: The ThermiVa treatment is nonsurgical, so it does not require any anesthesia, numbing shots, or creams. There is little to no pain or downtime associated with the treatment, so patients can resume their daily activities immediately. During the treatment a smooth, disposable, hand-held wand is used to emit radiofrequency waves. These waves are released in a calculated method, allowing the practitioner to control the temperature of the treatment and ensure patients are comfortable.
- Tightness: The radiofrequency waves used to tighten and tone skin on the face in the ThermiRF™ treatment are the same as those used in ThermiVa. The treatment can be used for both the vaginal area and labia majora. Over time, the treatment will continuously tighten stretched or loose tissue in those areas.
- Incontinence: A lesser-known benefit of the treatment is that it may assist with incontinence. This issue, which effects many women after childbirth or as a result of aging, can be treated with ThermiVa’s tissue tightening benefits. Patients have reported improved muscular coordination around the bladder.
- Sexual function: During clinical trials, some patients reported that the tightened vaginal tissue resulting from the treatment provided them with improved sexual stimulation during intercourse. Additionally, some experienced increased vaginal moisture during intercourse.
- Treatment time: The treatment can treat both labia majora and vaginal areas in about 30 minutes. This makes it easy for busy patients to receive the treatment and quickly carry on with their daily lives. Maintenance treatments are recommended once or twice per year, depending on the patient, and these treatments will be just as quick and easy.
At Calobrace & Mizuguchi, we’re passionate about helping women feel comfortable and confident in their bodies. We are expertly trained to administer the ThermiVa treatment, and are excited about the results this treatment can offer. If you would like to hear more about the treatment from real patients, you can read the product’s reviews on RealSelf.com. If you’re interested in finding out if you are a candidate for ThermiVa contact us online, and we’ll work with you to schedule a consultation.