For the Body
Most people assume that by losing a significant amount of weight, they are improving the appearance of their tummy, arms, hips, buttocks, and thighs. However, weight loss surgery is often a first step, requiring subsequent procedures to remove excess skin and fat deposits. Dr. Calobrace, Dr. Mizuguchi, and Dr. Mays offer plastic surgery for massive weight loss patients in Lexington and Louisville, KY to remove these flaps, folds, lumps and bulges and to reveal and refine their slimmer body contours.
Are you ready to improve the appearance of your body after massive weight loss? Discover what plastic surgery can do for you. Request a consultation at Calobrace & Mizuguchi Plastic Surgery Center or call (502) 899-9979 to schedule your visit.
Procedures for the Body
At Calobrace & Mizuguchi Plastic Surgery in Lexington and Louisville, weight loss patients pursue body contouring procedures to enhance the results of their impressive accomplishments. Patients often require a combination of the following:
- Tummy tuck: Addressing the upper and/or lower abdomen, a tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat, and also mends weakened or separated abdominal muscles.
- Liposuction: Our surgeons use this versatile tool for removing fat deposits and sculpting a variety of body areas.
- Medial Thigh Lift: Excess skin and fat deposits on the thighs are very common for post weight loss patients. This can be frustrating as it can make wearing shorts, skirts, or a bathing suit embarrassing. A medial thigh lift slims and firms inner thighs.
- Panniculectomy: Unlike a tummy tuck, a panniculectomy addresses only the lower abdomen. The procedure removes the roll of excess skin and fat below the bellybutton called the pannus.
- Arm Lift: While almost everyone sees some droopiness in their upper arms as they age, it can be much more dramatic and problematic for people after massive weight loss. Often referred to as "bat wings," these flaps of excess skin are not easily covered by clothing and thus may be particularly bothersome to patients.
- Body Lift: A body lift provides comprehensive improvement to the entire lower body, from the lower thighs to the bottom of the ribs. It combines several other procedures, including a thigh lift and a tummy tuck.
- Back Lipectomy: This procedure removes excess skin from the upper or lower back and flanks, usually on both sides.
To achieve optimal improvement, most patients choose to address their entire body, from head to toe. This means that they also pursue, and we also perform, post-bariatric plastic surgery for the breasts/chest and for the face.